Whilst the majority of children are collected on time at the end of sessions there are rare occasions when this does not happen.
- It is important that parents and carers keep the centre updated relating to emergency contact details.
- If a child remains uncollected at the end of the session staff will contact the parent / carers to identify the reason.
- If no contact can be made staff will attempt to contact the emergency names given.
- Should parents / carers contact the centre regarding arrangements for collection, staff will remain with the child in the familiar surroundings of the nursery.
- If a child is to be collected by an unfamiliar adult, we will require an agreed password to ensure the safety of the child.
- If no satisfactory contact has been made with parents / carers of part time children by the end of the school day (4pm) the Duty Officer at Social Care will be contacted.
- If no satisfactory contact has been made with parents / carers of full time children by 6.30pm the Duty Officer at Social Care will be contacted;
- Social Care will advise us and take over the responsibility for the child.
The full version of this policy is available on request. It is subject to annual review.