Whilst the majority of children are collected on time at the end of sessions there are rare occasions when this does not happen.
- It is important that parents and carers keep the centre updated relating to emergency contact details.
- If a child remains uncollected at the end of the session staff will contact the parent / carers to identify the reason.
- If no contact can be made staff will attempt to contact the emergency names given.
- Should parents / carers contact the centre regarding arrangements for collection, staff will remain with the child in the familiar surroundings of the nursery.
- If a child is to be collected by an unfamiliar adult, we will require an agreed password to ensure the safety of the child.
- If no satisfactory contact has been made with parents / carers of part time children by the end of the school day (4pm) the Duty Officer at Social Care will be contacted.
- If no satisfactory contact has been made with parents / carers of full time children by 6.30pm the Duty Officer at Social Care will be contacted;
- Social Care will advise us and take over the responsibility for the child.
The full version of this policy is available in Centre Handbook 1. It is subject to annual review.