Home page
About us
2 Year olds
Parents and Carers
Learning News
Forest School
Access your Staff Mail

Free early education places for two-year-olds

Some children can get an early education place to start in the term after their second birthday.

Can I get a free place for my child?

Your child will qualify for a free place if you get:

  • income support
  • income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • support under immigration and asylum law
  • the guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit and you have an annual income of £16,190 before tax or less
  • working tax credits and earn no more than £16,190 per year.

Children qualify in their own right if:

  • we look after them
  • they have a child protection plan
  • they have a disability living allowance
  • a current statement of special educational needs (SEN)
  • an education, health and care plan
  • left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.

Find out if your child qualifies for a free place

Call us on 020 3373 0980 or email twoyearold.childcare@newham.gov.uk.  

(original source: LBN)